In order to do this, you will need to add a DWORD registry key named Suppress Specular Color" with value greater than zero under the following registry key.
Prior to creating this registry key, you need to have the following installed:
- Inventor 2010 - http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL15338178
- Inventor 2011 - you need to have SP1 installed
- Inventor 2010 - [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion14.0\Applets\DrawingLayout\Preferences\]
- Inventor 2011- [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion15.0\Applets\DrawingLayout\Preferences\]
- Suppress Specular Color = dword:00000001
If the key is not present or its value is zero or less, then reflections are enabled under drawings.
Note: The key is read only once you are inside an Inventor session - after adding the key or changing its value, users need to restart the Inventor session.
Warning: Problems caused by improperly editing of the Windows registry could render your computer operating system unusable. Microsoft provides a wealth of critical information that you need to know about the registry in the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/support.
Use the Microsoft Registry Editor at your own risk and only after backing up the registry as well as the system.dat and user.dat files as outlined for your operating system in the Microsoft Knowledge Base and in the related solution, TS66513 http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS66513.