- Select the material in the Material Editor and pick Get Material.
- In the Material/Map Browser, select the down arrow and choose New Material Library.
- Browse to a network location and create a folder called 3DSMax Material Library.
- The new Library will appear in the Material/Map Browser.
Select Put to Library in the Material Editor.
- Select your custom Material Library and Confirm the Material Name.
- The Material will now appear in the Library.
Libraries are saved when you exit 3ds Max. Don’t forget to Save the changes when you exit the application.
On the other workstations, select Get Material from the Material Editor, as Step 1.
In the Material/Map Browser, select the down arrow and choose Open Material Library.
Browse to the .mat file created in the 3DSMax Material Library folder on the central network location, as created in Step 3.
The Materials are available to select and import into your current model by double clicking.
- If you have maps specified in the Materials, you will need to locate the images centrally also. Add a User Path to the External Files TAB in Configure User Paths, found in Customize Menu > Configure User Paths.