Project Scandium for Autodesk Simulation Moldflow 2013 software is a free technology preview that extends simulation capabilities by offering new capabilities to try out and provide feedback.
These new capabilities and extensions include:
- New capability to analyse molds with conformal cooling channels - The targeted removal of heat from a part can be achieved using conformal cooling, and it is now possible to account for these complex cooling channels in an analysis using the Cool (FEM) solver.
- New Thermoplastics Bi-injection Molding process for Midplane analysis technology - It is now possible to analyse the Thermoplastics Bi-injection Molding process, which involves injection of two different materials into a mold at separate injection locations, which are controlled independently by two different injection units.
- New injection-compression and compression molding process simulation capabilities for 3D analysis technology - New molding processes are introduced to enable simulation of injection-compression molding and compression molding processes using 3D analysis technology. The new simulation capabilities are available for both thermoplastics materials and reactive (thermoset) materials.
- New mechanical property prediction for long fibre-filled thermoplastics composites - It is now possible to account for the effects of fibre breakage and fibre/matrix debonding when predicting the mechanical properties of long fibre-filled thermoplastics composite materials.
- New Buckling analysis option for 3D analysis technology - It is now possible to perform a buckling analysis of a 3D model. The Buckling analysis type option is available in the 3D Warp Advanced options dialogue when mesh aggregation is not used.
- Solver enhancements address accuracy and speed - Enhancements have been implemented to improve the performance of analysis solvers.
- The FBX export capability increases visualisation options among Autodesk products.
The Project Scandium Technology Preview can be installed and work side-by-side with other Autodesk Moldflow 2013 products. This technology preview expires on January 1st, 2013.
You can find the download on Autodesk Labs at: