If you have access to the image in question, it might be in a BMP or JPG format with a coloured background surrounding the logo itself. Not such a good look when you are trying to make your design look as real as possible.
Again, there are lots of ways to remove this, some easier than others. However, I prefer to turn these types of files into PNG files, which can carry a transparent background.
If you have one of the new Product Design Suites, then you already have a tool to help, SketchBook Designer. The following steps, take a JPG file, remove the background colour and export to PNG, take a look yourself.
- Start by opening SketchBook Designer, then go to File > Open > find your Logo or Image.
- The image file will appear on a Paint layer in SketchBook Designer, use the Wand tool, then click inside the coloured background area. This area will highlight with a dashed outline to tell you what is selected.
- Assuming the area it has automatically selected with the Wand is OK, then hit Delete on the keyboard. This will remove the coloured area inside the dashed selection area.
- Now simply go to File > Save As, in the Save As dialogue pick where to save the image, input your name and set Save as type to PNG.
- Now when you use the PNG in Showcase you will not get the coloured background colour.