We thought this was a useful workflow, which others may not have found yet, so thought we would share the details as below:
- This has only been tested with a Microsoft mouse, but suspect other manufacturers (i.e. Logitech) will have a similar system.
- Firstly, connect your mouse and download/install the Microsoft Intellipoint software for your device, see the Microsoft website here.
- Once installed go to Control Panel > Mouse, this should give you the Mouse Properties dialogue as below.
- In the Mouse Properties dialogue, tick on Enable program-specific settings, then go into Settings...
- In Program - Specific Settings you can then Add > AutoCAD and customise its button configuration. For instance setting the left and right side buttons to be Function keys, for turning Snap on/off etc.